Thursday, March 11, 2010

Homemade Veggie Soup


There are a ton of possibilities with Vegetable Soup! This is my favorite combination!!
Dice all veggies and put into large stew / stock pot & fill with water, along with about 5 Beef Bullion Cubes.

Simmer stew meat in water & (I go over board here) 6 beef bullion cubes. Simmer until tender (I usually do this for a few hours, make sure you continue to add water).

Allow soup to boil (continue to add water), while the meat is simmering.

Carrots
Celery
Corn
Green Beans
Peas
Potatoes
Onion
Salt & Pepper
My Mother adds 1 can of tomato paste....which gives it a great flavor!

So I made this today and I got caught! I don't normally use frozen veggies, but the local grocery had Bird's Eye Veggies 10 for $10. I couldn't go wrong buying them pre-diced, plus it saved me so much time!!! My daughter walked thru the kitchen and said, "OMG Mom, I've never seen you use frozen veggies". I laughed and said "Well at least the green beans, tators and onions are fresh".

No comments:

Post a Comment